Using Electronic Alerts in Online and Mobile Banking
Electronic alerts are a quick and easy way for you to stay on top of your account activity. Alerts are available by text message, email or as a flag at Online Banking logon. There are four different categories of alerts to choose from – Event, Balance, Item and Personal.
Setting Up Your Alerts Using Online Banking
- Log into Online Banking from your PC or laptop and select the Options tab.
- Choose Alerts from the orange navigation bar.
- From the gray navigation bar, select the type of alert you want to either set up or edit (Event, Balance, Item or Personal).
Event Alerts are sent at the end of our processing day after all transactions and deposits have been posted. You can choose to receive an Event Alert message when any of the following occur:
- Incoming Wire Received
- Transfers Failed/Expired/Deleted
- Incoming ACH Credits/Debits Received
- Insufficient Funds (NSF)
- Statements or Notices Available
- Bill Payment Changed to Electronic
- Bill Payment Changed to Check
- Bill Payments Expiring/Paid/Rejected/Failed
- Maturing Loans/CDs
Setting Your Event Alert Preferences
- From the Events page, find the event you want to be alerted about.
- Mark the box next to your preferred Alert Type (Email, Login or Text).
- Click Submit.
Choose as many event triggers as you like (Not all events listed may be applicable to your account relationships).
Balance Alerts are sent when your checking or savings account balances going above or below a target threshold you set.
Setting Your Balance Alerts
- From the Balance page, choose how you wish to receive your alert by marking the box next to your preferred Alert Type (Email, Login or Text).
- Mark the radio button next to either Above or Below.
- Enter the amount of the balance you want to use to trigger the alert.
An Item Alert is sent when a specific check clears your checking account.
Setting Your Item Alerts
- From the Item page, select the way you want to receive your alert message (Alert Type) – email, login or text.
- Enter the check number you want to watch for.
- Verify that your checking account is selected on the drop down list. (Your other accounts may appear on the drop down list, but Item Alerts only trigger from a checking account.)
- Click Submit.
Personal alerts are date-driven and will display any text-based message you choose.
Setting Your Personal Alerts
- From the Personal page, choose how you wish to receive your alert by marking the box next to your preferred Alert Type (Email, Login or Text).
- Select the date when you want to receive it.
- Using the Alert Message field, type the message you want to display (Example: Make mortgage payment).
- Click Submit.
Changing Your Email Address or Mobile Phone Number
If you need to change your email address or mobile phone number, you do not need to edit each individual alert you have set. Still using the Options tab, select Personal on the orange navigation bar. Use the forms on this page to modify many of your personal Online Banking settings, including email address, mobile phone number, online banking ID, online banking password, password reset question and personal watermark.