Bill Payment for Online and Mobile Banking Users
Bill Payment is a convenient electronic payment service available free of charge to any Eastern Michigan Bank personal checking account holder who also uses our Online Banking service. Using Bill Payment, you can pay any person or business online instead of using personal checks.
Using Bill Payment for the first time
- Log into Online Banking from your PC or laptop and select the Bill Payment tab.
- Choose Add Account from the gray navigation bar.
- From the drop down list, select the account you want your payment taken from.
- Click Submit.
You must review and agree to the Terms & Conditions on the next screen to proceed with setting up your Bill Payment account.
There are two types of Payees – Company and Individual. Company payees receive their payments electronically, while Individual payees receive their payments in the form of a check.
Funds for payments made to Company (Electronic) payees will come out of your account on the payment date. Funds for payments made to Individual (Check) payees will come out of your account when the check clears.
Adding Electronic Payees
- Select Add Payee > Pay a Company to add a new electronic payee.
- Fill in the payee fields and click Search. If the Company you entered is available as an Electronic Payee, a link with Payee Type Electronic will display.
- If the payee is not available as electronic, select the Add Check Payee button at the bottom of the page.
Adding Check Payees
- To add a payee without searching for available electronic payees, select Add Payee > Pay an Individual.
Payments can be added in one of two ways: Quick Payment and Recurring Payment
- Quick Payment: Quick Payment allows you to add up to 10 one time payments on the same screen
- Add Payment: Use Add Payment for payments that happen on a regularly scheduled basis (Recurring).
Select Main > History under the Bill Payment tab to view. Bill Payment history is available for up to 19 months.
Bill Payment and Mobile Banking
You can launch payments from your mobile banking app, but payees can only be set up using your Online Banking account as accessed from your laptop or PC.
More questions? Check our list of Bill Payment FAQs.