Protect your checking account from fraud with smsGuardian™ text message alert service!
How It Works:
When you enroll your Eastern Michigan Bank debit MasterCard® in smsGuardian™, you’ll receive a text alert each time your card is used for:
- International transactions
- Larger dollar single transactions
- Online or telephone transactions (“card not present”)
- Five or more transactions in 24 hours
- Transactions that are declined
Your text message will include the dollar amount of the transaction, last four digits of your card number, the location of the transaction and instructions to follow if the transaction is unauthorized:
Example: “EMB Guardian Alert card 1234 at Bestmart for $399.95. Reply DD1234NO if unauthorized”.
If the transaction is legitimate, you don’t need to do a thing. If you think the transaction might be fraudulent, respond to the text using the code provided in the original text message.
In our example, you would reply “DD1234NO”. You have up to 12 hours to respond to an individual text message.
If you respond that a transaction is unauthorized, a block will be placed on your card to prevent further transactions.
- Message and data rates may apply
- You may discontinue the receipt of Alerts immediately by texting the word “STOP” (without quotes) in reply to any smsGuardian™ Alert or by texting the word STOP to 27576. You may unsubscribe from this service entirely on the Guardian website.
- Eastern Michigan Bank determines what types of transactions will generate a text message. You will receive alerts sent to your cell phone (or other SMS text messaging device) for enrolled Eastern Michigan Bank debit MasterCard® or ATM cards. The number of alerts you receive will be based on card usage. You will not receive more than one message per transaction on each enrolled card.
- Some mobile service providers require that we send a 30-day subscription reminder message to their customers participating in the smsGuardian™ program. You will receive an alert message every 30 days reminding you of your subscription if your mobile service provider is Sprint, Nextel, Boost, or Virgin. The alert message will display as: “Reminder: You have subscribed to Guardian transaction alerts for Eastern Michigan Bank. Message and data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to cancel.”
- If you need help regarding the use of this service or your account, you may reply to an Alert message with the word HELP. You may also click on the “Service Usage Guide” link on the Guardian website or call (888) 868-8611.