Coordinate with Deposit Operations Manager in implementing and carrying out bank policy & procedures with respect to overall operations of the bank. This position’s primary responsibility it to perform a wide range of deposit operations, clerical and secretarial duties. This position is responsible for keeping records of financial transactions for establishment by performing the following duties.
This job description describes the scope of responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other areas to cover absences, or equalize peak work periods, or otherwise balance the workload. This job description does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, as Eastern Michigan Bank is an "at-will" employer.
All positions at Eastern Michigan Bank require a high level of commitment to exceptional customer service and customer relationship development for internal and external customers. In addition, employees must possess the level of product knowledge necessary to effectively promote the Bank’s products and services by identifying cross selling opportunities, educating customers regarding the benefits of the Bank’s products and services, and effectively promoting them.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Separate morning reports - print from Synergy.
- Process overdrafts and return items.
- Return on us items: create IRD's
- Do incoming returns on JHA.
- Balance DDA, Savings and Internal accounts to general ledger, correct errors and request corrections from Federal Reserve Bank.
- Collect Internal account statements from branches for Internal Recon.
- Answer the telephone, assist branches and customers with inquiries.
- Balance and verify ACH and social security reports and process items to be returned.
- Update and maintain signature card files & scan to Synergy, index & review.
- Balance cash advance.
- Balance online banking iPay.
- Place postage on daily mailing.
- Send out notices for Bounce Coverage and NSF items.
- Check Stop payment forms and log against stop maintenance report.
- Check Automated Funds Transfer and Sweep reports.
- Check Yellow Hammer.
- Post any unpostable DDA or savings transactions; verify/review Stop Suspect report.
- Fix 4-Sight corrections.
- Balance bonds; print query from Vertex.
- Check Excess Debit report and mail out letters. Charge monthly Reg D fees.
- Check Accrued Interest report.
- Balance monthly and quarterly Teller reports.
- Maintain Teller list.
- Keep track of dormant activity and log any violations.
- Balance Tellers and check Cash teller transfer GL and teller offage GL.
- Collect offage sheets for any offages over $25 from branches.
- Order cash for branches.
- Order cash for customers and credit for their armor car courier services.
- Balance gift cards.
- Order Supplies for Admin Building.
- Report accounts to Accuity for SSI inquiries.
- Review Suspended Mobile Deposits.
- Enter Cross Apps for Admin Building.
- Address all inbound and outbound ACH Returns and NOCs.
- Online Banking support and staff training.
- Set up ACH on us.
- ACH origination for customers.
- Run ACH origination nightly report.
- Train new tellers for branches.
- ATM/Debit Card duties such as comp cards, fraud disputes, and maintenance.
- Wire transfer processing - foreign & domestic.
- File maintenance review.
- Address change letters.
- Cash management support and training.
- Handle Bank's returned mail.
- Package and deliver parcels to be shipped via UPS or postal express or special mailing.
- Remote Capture administration - setup & support customer calls with officers for Remote Capture.
- Prepare reports for board meetings.
- Call on customers to set up ACH.
- Perform new product testing.
- Safe deposit box balancing & past due notices.
- Set up Cash Management for customers and manage wire transfers.
- Make customer calls with Branch Manager for Cash Management.
- Respond by mail to CPA confirmations of customer accounts.
- Comply with levies, garnishments, and estate searches regarding customer accounts.
- Perform various branch reviews.
- Review Bounce Coverage letters. Check at 60 days to see if Bounce Coverage can be added or if customer is denied.
- Send out 15, 30, and 45 day letters for Bounce Coverage. Scan copy of 45 day letters to the Branch Manager and mail.
- ACH Positive Pay and check positive pay.
- Vertex back up as needed.
- Run Admin proof.
- Answer online banking and Banno questions that are received via email.
- Provide credit information on commercial customers to inquiring parties while adhering to industry and legal standards on the divulging of credit information. This involves the relaying of deposit and loan account information to various inquiring parties as requested. The information is provided by the analyst using the standard code of ethics for all RMA member banks.
- Fulfill other period job related duties which are assigned by management and not already part of this job description.
- Compliance with all bank policies, regulations and laws applicable to carrying out duties and responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Desired Education, Training, and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Technical Skills Needed
- Knowledge and experience with operating a computer, calculator, and other general office equipment.
- Excellent social and communication skills:
- Use professional and clear verbal communication skills.
- High quality writing skills, using accurate word usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation in all written correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Use professional phone etiquette, including tone and volume of voice.
Mental Effort Needed
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast paced, changing environment and maintain a commitment to accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures and written instructions, as well as verbal instructions or directions from his/her supervisor.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to get along well with coworkers and to work as part of Eastern Michigan Bank’s team, working towards the Bank’s goals set forth by its’ Board of Directors.
Physical Effort Needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular, timely attendance during assigned work hours.
- Normal physical strength to handle routine office materials and tools.
- Normal dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Occasional lifting and transporting up to 25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Working with office equipment, electrical plugs, etc.