Coordinate with Chief Lending Officer and Senior Credit Analyst in implementing and carrying out bank policy and procedures with respect to overall operations of the bank. The credit department analyzes credit information to determine risk involved in lending money to commercial/residential/consumer customers, overstated dollar amount in loan policy and prepares report of findings by performing the following duties.
This job description describes the scope of responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other areas to cover absences, or equalize peak work periods, or otherwise balance the workload. This job description does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, as Eastern Michigan Bank is an "at-will" employer.
All positions at Eastern Michigan Bank require a high level of commitment to exceptional customer service and customer relationship development for internal and external customers. In addition, employees must possess the level of product knowledge necessary to effectively promote the Bank’s products and services by identifying cross selling opportunities, educating customers regarding the
benefits of the Bank’s products and services, and effectively promoting them.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare cash flow spreadsheets for individuals and businesses according to their tax returns and financial statements to aid credit analysts in determining credit worthiness.
- Maintain Reports – Monitor, update, and track various EMB loan reports. This includes, but is not limited to, updating the AServicing Report, Carryover Debt Report, Loans Over a Million Report, Regulation H Report, and Goal Sheet Report. Credit is responsible for acquiring queries/reports which include, but are not limited to, the 10-day past due report, maturing loans report, pending documents report, expired tax returns report, and expired financial statements report.
- Organize Meetings – Compile, distribute, and prepare for Officers Credit Committee Meetings, Directors Loan Committee Meetings, Allowance for Loan Loss Meetings, and Board of Directors Meetings. Credit will act as secretary for all meetings mentioned above, with the exception of the Board of Directors Meetings.
- Track Financial Statements – Monitor expired financials and work with officers to determine what customers should have letters mailed to request the expired financials. Create and mail letters to the appropriate parties.
- Scan – Scan all customer/loan reports and documents that are received into the bank’s Synergy software.
- Risk Rate – Analysts will provide a risk rating on all new loan requests and loan renewals; they will also provide a risk rating to all bank vendors.
- Fulfill other periodic job-related duties which are assigned by management and not already part of this job description.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Desired Education, Training, and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or related field; or a high school diploma with two-four years of progressively increasing responsible accounting/banking experience.
Technical Skills Needed
- Knowledge and experience with operating a computer, calculator, and other general office equipment.
- Excellent social and communication skills:
- Use professional and clear verbal communication skills.
- High quality writing skills, using accurate word usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation in all written correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Use professional phone etiquette, including tone and volume of voice.
Mental Effort Needed
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast paced, changing environment and maintain a commitment to accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures and written instructions, as well as verbal instructions or directions from his/her supervisor.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to get along well with coworkers and to work as part of Eastern Michigan Bank’s team, working towards the Bank’s goals set forth by its’ Board of Directors.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Physical Effort Needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular, timely attendance during assigned work hours.
- Normal physical strength to handle routine office materials and tools.
- Normal dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Occasional lifting and transporting up to 25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Working with office equipment, electrical plugs, etc.