Manage an existing portfolio of commercial loans and generate new loan activity from the existing portfolio and external sources. May have a production goal to be set by the department manager. Coordinate with the Commercial Loan Manager in implementing and carrying out bank policy and procedures with respect to the overall operations of the bank.
This job description describes the scope of responsibility and essential functions of this position but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other areas to cover absences, equalize peak work periods, or otherwise balance the workload. This job description does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, as Eastern Michigan Bank is an "at-will" employer.
All positions at Eastern Michigan Bank require a high level of commitment to exceptional customer service and customer relationship development for internal and external customers. In addition, employees must possess the level of product knowledge necessary to effectively promote the Bank’s products and services by identifying cross-selling opportunities, educating customers regarding the benefits of the Bank’s products and services, and effectively promoting them.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze financial information to evaluate the creditworthiness of new loan requests, renewal loan requests, and ongoing Portfolio Management activities through thorough and accurate analyses within the parameters of the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Complete industry research, as needed, supporting existing and new customers to the Bank.
- Compile commercial loan presentations (non-Board level), ensuring completeness and accuracy of information provided. The commercial loan presentation includes but is not limited to: a written credit memo with sufficient background information on the Customer; a financial analysis of the Borrower, Guarantors, and the proposed transaction; a critical analysis of the potential risk to the Bank; a proper risk grading and discussion; and a thoughtful recommendation.
- Complete, when needed, additional credit analysis through more in-depth tools outside of the traditional spreads and global cash flow.
- Guide the loan request through the Credit Approval Process and ensures that the structure meets the needs of the client and the operating objectives of the Bank,
- Assure that large commercial loan relationships are in compliance with State and Federal regulations and Bank policies and procedures.
- Monitor and service the large commercial loan portfolios of the supported Commercial Bankers through quality portfolio management work related to centralized covenant testing and tracking, the annual servicing review process, and exception clearing.
- Properly grade the risk of each loan in the assigned portfolio, per policy. Recommend adjustments to risk ratings as circumstances change or new information becomes available.
- Assist Commercial Loan Officers in credit presentation to Chief Lending Officer, Commercial Loan Manager, and Committees at the Bank.
- Ensure all required documentation is in file for all loans and treasury management approvals. Work with the Loan Officer and Loan Processing to help clear documentation or compliance deficiencies.
- Periodically accompany Loan Officers on calls with existing and/or prospective Customers as requested.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with internal business partners (Loan staff, Credit, Loan Operations Area, and Branch Personnel, etc.)
- Undertake special projects related to job function as determined by Manager.
- Continuously update skills by participating in professional training.
- Works with Loan Officers and others to minimize past-due loans.
- As a teammate to the Loan Officers and Credit, serve as a trusted advisor to clients and prospects within the context of risk management.
- Demonstrate a commitment to fair lending practices. Remain knowledgeable of all laws and regulations governing the lending activities of financial institutions. Ensure compliance with all applicable Bank policies and procedures, as well as all State and Federal regulations.
- Build and maintain a positive working relationship with attorneys, appraisers, developers, and others to enhance the Bank’s image and reputation in the marketplace.
- Stay abreast of products and services the Bank provides.
- Adhere specifically to all corporate policies and procedures, and Federal and State regulations and laws.
- Responsible for following regulatory requirements, including those pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP), and OFAC to assist in the identification, detection, and determent of money laundering or other unlawful activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Desired Education, Training, and/or Experience
A technical level of knowledge generally acquired through completing an undergrad program in business administration, finance, accounting, or a related area; or two or more years in commercial credit.
Technical Skills Needed
- Knowledge and experience operating a computer, calculator, and other general office equipment.
- Excellent social and communication skills:
- Use professional and clear verbal communication skills.
- High-quality writing skills, using accurate word usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation in all written correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Use professional phone etiquette, including tone and volume of voice.
Mental Effort Needed
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced, changing environment and maintain a commitment to accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and written instructions, as well as verbal instructions or directions from his/her supervisor.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to get along well with coworkers and to work as part of Eastern Michigan Bank’s team, working towards the Bank’s goals set forth by its Board of Directors.
Physical Effort Needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular, timely attendance during assigned work hours.
- Normal physical strength to handle routine office materials and tools.
- Normal dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Occasional lifting and transporting up to 25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Working with Working with office equipment, electrical plugs, etc.