Coordinate with the Branch Manager in implementing and carrying out bank policy and procedures with respect to overall operations of the bank. Under general supervision, but in line with established policies and procedures, provides a variety of service functions, including processing savings account, checking account, and loan transactions, cashing checks, and selling money orders and gift cards. Process mail, maintains account records, cross-sells services, etc. and is responsible for balancing each day's transactions and verifying cash totals.
This job description describes the scope of responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other areas to cover absences, or equalize peak work periods, or otherwise balance the workload. This job description does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, as Eastern Michigan Bank is an "at-will" employer.
All positions at Eastern Michigan Bank require a high level of commitment to exceptional customer service and customer relationship development for internal and external customers. In addition, employees must possess the level of product knowledge necessary to effectively promote the Bank’s products and services by identifying cross selling opportunities, educating customers regarding the benefits of the Bank’s products and services, and effectively promoting them.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Represent the bank to the customer in a courteous, professional manner, and provide
- prompt, efficient, and accurate service in processing transactions and assisting customers
- with account balance information.
- Balance cash drawer daily; verify and wrap currency; follow teller performance guidelines
- when processing cash differences.
- Cross-sell bank services, explaining such matters as the various types of accounts and
- certificates, interest, and compounding rates.
- Answer telephone and assist customer and employees in a professional manner.
- Comply with all bank policies, regulations, and laws applicable to carrying out duties and
- Assist customers with requests and/or complaints; research account problems.
- Supervise teller balancing procedures; assist tellers with problems and questions on
- Open and close the bank when required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Desired Education, Training, and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Progressively more responsible experience within banking.
- Familiarity with the bank's savings, checking, lending policies and guidelines, in order to provide backup CSR services.
Technical Skills Needed
- Knowledge and experience with operating a computer, calculator, and other general office equipment.
- Excellent social and communication skills
- Use professional and clear verbal communication skills.
- High quality writing skills, using accurate word usage, grammar, spelling, and
- punctuation in all written correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Use professional phone etiquette, including tone and volume of voice.
Mental Effort Needed
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast paced, changing environment and maintain a commitment to accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures and written instructions, as well as verbal instructions or directions from his/her supervisor.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to get along well with coworkers and to work as part of Eastern Michigan Bank’s team, working towards the Bank’s goals set forth by its’ Board of Directors.
Physical Effort Needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular, timely attendance during assigned work hours.
- Normal physical strength to handle routine office materials and tools.
- Normal dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Occasional lifting and transporting up to 25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Working with office equipment, electrical plugs, etc.