Coordinate with the President in implementing and carrying out bank policy & procedures with respect to overall operations of branch. Responsible for business development within the branch market to meet or exceed business development goals; development, coaching and discipline of staff to assure appropriate proper branch sales and customer service given the Bank’s branch staffing model; and adherence to policies and procedures. The Branch Manager must be able to assume any branch task in the event a staff member is unavailable, or have a contingency plan in place to meet unforeseen circumstances.
This job description describes the scope of responsibility and essential functions of this position, but
should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other
duties as assigned, including work in other areas to cover absences, or equalize peak work periods, or
otherwise balance the workload. This job description does not create an employment contract, implied
or otherwise, as Eastern Michigan Bank is an "at-will" employer.
All positions at Eastern Michigan Bank require a high level of commitment to exceptional customer service and customer relationship development for internal and external customers. In addition, employees must possess the level of product knowledge necessary to effectively promote the Bank’s products and services by identifying cross selling opportunities, educating customers regarding the benefits of the Bank’s products and services, and effectively promoting them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate new business within branch market for deposit accounts, loans, and cash management.
- Supervise branch staff, including coaching, development and discipline to help meet sales goals, strict adherence to policies and procedures, and to provide exceptional customer service, with staff level based on branch staffing model.
- Approve paid time off, create schedules for staff and assure staff hours/staff costs are within established criteria.
- Process loan applications; pursuant to authority, policy and procedure.
- Prepare accurate reports as requested by management.
- Handle customer complaints and inquiries.
- Maintain a strong, visible and positive presence in the community through involvement in community events and clubs.
- Comply with all bank policies, regulations, and laws applicable to carrying out duties and responsibilities.
- Directly supervises the assistant branch manager, head teller and tellers in the branch. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include:
- Interviewing and training employees
- Planning, assigning, and directing work
- Appraisal performance
- Rewarding and disciplining employees
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DESIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Three to five years of progressively more responsible experience within a bank.
- A thorough knowledge of branch operations, lending policies and customer relations.
TECHNICAL SKILLS NEEDED
- Knowledge and experience with operating a computer, calculator, and other general office equipment.
- Excellent social and communication skills:
- Use professional and clear verbal communication skills.
- High quality writing skills, using accurate word usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation in all written correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Use professional phone etiquette, including tone and volume of voice.
MENTAL EFFORT NEEDED
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast paced, changing environment and maintain a commitment to accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures and written instructions, as well as verbal instructions or directions from his/her supervisor.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to get along well with coworkers and to work as part of Eastern Michigan Bank’s team, working towards the Bank’s goals set forth by its’ Board of Directors.
PHYSICAL EFFORT NEEDED
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular, timely attendance during assigned work hours.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Physical agility to allow movement from place to place.
- Normal physical strength to handle routine office materials and tools.
- Normal dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Occasional lifting and transporting up to 25 lbs.
- Occasional overtime or after- hours work required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Working with office equipment, electrical plugs, etc. Occasional use of a step ladder to reach safe deposit boxes.