Coordinate with branch manager in implementing and carrying out bank policy and procedures with respect to overall operations of branch. Includes handling of consumer loans with officer approval.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Open new business and personal accounts, including checking, savings, certificate of deposit, safe deposit boxes and all other accounts and services offered by the bank.
- Assist customers with requests and/or complaints; research account problems.
- Supervise teller balancing procedures; assist tellers with problems and questions on procedures.
- Order and issue teller cash as needed, balance the vault.
- Audit teller cash drawers regularly.
- Process loan applications, obtain credit bureau reports, upload loans.
- Balance mutilated and Canadian currency.
- Open and close the bank.
- Perform Notary Public service.
- Operate teller window as needed.
- Perform various clerical duties.
- Act as Branch Manager in their absence.
- Input daily cash balance/cash variance.
- Open and close safe deposit box accounts.
- Daily ATM balancing.
- Fulfill other periodic job related duties which are assigned by management and not already part of this job description.
- Compliance with all bank policies, regulations and laws applicable to carrying out duties and responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent. Progressively more responsible experience within banking. Complete familiarity with the bank's savings, checking, lending policies and guidelines, and so on to provide full services to customers.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities
Typing ability, PC knowledge and experience, ability to operate a teller machine and 10 key calculator, valid driver's license is needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Lifting bags of coin, boxes of supplies. Doing a lot of close paperwork and viewing computer screens. Being able to see what is happening in and around the bank.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Working with office equipment, electrical plugs, etc. Occasional use of a step ladder to reach safety deposit boxes.