2021 ANNUAL MEETING OF SHAREHOLDERS MEETING INFORMATION
The Annual Meeting of Shareholders will be held on Tuesday, April 20, 2021, at 5:30 p.m. (local time) (which together with any adjournment or postponement thereof is referred to as the "Meeting"). Due to COVID-19, as part of our effort to maintain a safe and healthy environment for our directors, members of management and shareholders who wish to attend the Annual Meeting, the Meeting will be held solely by conference call format only. You will not be able to attend the Meeting physically.
Shareholders should check this webpage frequently for updates to the meeting time, location, or guidelines and procedures.
2021 MEETING GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES
We welcome you to our 2021 Annual Meeting of Shareholders. In order to provide an orderly and informative meeting, we ask that you observe the following guidelines, procedures and time limits. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
- The annual meeting for 2021 will be held solely by live conference call.
- The Meeting will be hosted by AT&T Conferencing and instructions for how to access the call are included below. If you have difficulty accessing the Meeting, please contact Marketing Officer Tammy Williford at 810-300-3197 or Chief Operating Officer Stacie Bales at 810-304-1194.
- In order to gain access to the meeting, shareholders must provide their full name and identify whether (i) they are holders of record or (ii) if their shares are held through a brokerage firm. If a shareholder's shares are held through a brokerage firm, the shareholder must identify the name of the brokerage firm.
- Meeting attendees who are shareholders of record will be checked against the Eastern Michigan's Shareholders of Record list.
- Attendance at the Annual Meeting is limited to shareholders of record as of March 1, 2021 (the record date); beneficial or “street name” owners; the authorized proxies of shareholders of record; and invited guests of management.
- The Chairman will serve as chair for the meeting and shall have the authority necessary to preside over the meeting. Either the Chairman or the Secretary may make any and all determinations with respect to the conduct of the meeting and procedures to be followed during the meeting.
- The official items of business consist of the proposals set forth in the proxy statement sent to each shareholder.
- A list of the shareholders entitled to vote at the Meeting will only be available for examination during the Meeting and can be found at: https://www.emb.bank/shareholders-as-of-march-1-2021
- Shareholders of record entitled to vote at the Meeting may vote online until 5:30 pm (local time) on April 20, 2021 by visiting http://www.investorvote.com/EFIN and entering the control number on the shareholder's proxy card.
- If a shareholder has already voted either (i) electronically over the Internet, (ii) by mailing a completed and signed proxy card, or (iii) by phone, there is no need for a shareholder to vote during the Meeting. No further voting will be permitted and no further ballots will be considered or accepted by the Inspector of Election after the closing of the polls.
- The polls will close during the Meeting at the direction of the Inspector of Election.
- During the Meeting, the Inspector of Elections shall report (i) the number of shares issued and outstanding as of March 1, 2021 (the record date); (ii) the number of shares present in person or by proxy at the meeting necessary to constitutes a quorum, and (iii) the number of vote present in person or by proxy.
- The Inspector of Elections shall tabulate the votes and announce the results of the votes on the proposals voted on during the Meeting.
- Shareholder questions and remarks related to the business of the Company will be addressed during the question and answer period following the conclusion of the official business. Only shareholders or their authorized representatives are permitted to address the Meeting, unless decided otherwise by the Chairman.
- In order that we may give as many shareholders as possible the opportunity to speak, remarks and questions should be limited to three minutes and each shareholder shall be limited to no more than two questions, unless decided otherwise by the Chairman.
- Any person who refuses to comply with these regulations and procedures or disrupts the orderly conduct of the Meeting may be disconnected from the conference call and lose access to the Meeting.
MEETING ACCESS INFORMATION
- Dial In Number: 877-336-4440
- Access Code: 7653315
- Required Information to be furnished to the moderator in order to join the Meeting:
- Shareholder first and last name
- Provide details on how shares are held (e.g., shareholder of record, proxyholder, street name through brokerage firm, etc.)
Thank you for your cooperation. We hope you enjoy the meeting.